When you own a investment property you can either manage the property yourself or you can use a management company to manage it for you.
Here are some things you should consider before making a decision:
- Will you save money by managing it yourself?
- Are you prepared to deal with tenants and all of the repairs?
- Are you ready for the responsibility and do you have the time to spare?
- Do you know what your rights and responsibilities are?
- Do you know the tenant's rights and responsibilities?
- How will this affect your tax?
If you decide that using a real estate agent to manage your property is preferable, then Janu Livonia can do it for you. Your local Janu Livonia Real Estate Trust is more than a rent collector, offering a comprehensive property management service.
Janu Livonia, LLC., Property Management services include:
- Establishment of an appropriate rent
- Organisation of advertising for the property for rent
- Showing prospective tenants through the property
- Receipt of applications and screening of appropriate tenants
- Optional checking with Landlord on screening new tenants
- Completion of all relevant documents requires under the Residential Tenancies Act
- Receipt of rent money
- Follow up on any arrears in rental payments
- Organisation of repairs / maintenance
- Provision of regular payments and statements to the landlord
- Payment of accounts
- Conducting initial, final and routine inspections of the property
- Organisation of, and representation at tribunal hearings
- Bond collection & first month’s rent in advance prior to tenant moving into the property
- Lodgement of Bond with the appropriate body
- Personal service from trained and local property management team